Property and Casualty Company Information
This page contains rate and form filing information, monthly filing bulletins, workers compensation loss cost data, and the Online Form and Rate Filing Search. For Property and Casualty Claims information, please refer to the Consumers section of our website.
Use the index below to go directly to a particular section on this page:
Property and Casualty Rate Filing Information
State Filing Procedures and Forms
(Please refer to Bulletin 2003-6 and the General Submission Instructions.)
The following information is to be used by companies in making rate filings:
back to top
Property and Casualty Monthly Filing Bulletins
The monthly Property/Casualty Rate Filing Bulletin, compiled monthly by the
Department's Property/Casualty Rating Division, provides a record of company name and rate
form filing changes of property/casualty companies licensed to do business in Mississippi.
Generally, by the fifth day of the month, the bulletin for the previous month is updated.
A complete archive of the Mississippi Insurance Department's Property/Casualty Rate Filing
Bulletins is accessible to the public at the Property/Casualty Rating Division offices
located on the 10th Floor of the Woolfolk State Office Building, 501 N.
West; St., Jackson, Miss. Telephone: 601-359-3575.
2016 Property/Casualty Rate Filing Bulletins
To view monthly filing bulletins for previous years, please see the Property and Casualty Monthly Filing Bulletin Archives.
back to top
Workers' Compensation Loss Costs Data
The loss cost multipliers (LCM) contained in the Workers' Compensation Loss Costs Data are to be applied to the edition date of the National Council on Compensation Insurance's (NCCI) Advisory Loss Costs shown by company. Effective Dates showing an (X) to the right indicate a company’s LCM is automatically applicable to future revisions of NCCI’s Advisory Loss Cost.
We attempt to update a company’s new or revised LCM in the Workers’ Compensation Loss Costs Data shortly after its approval. However, if there is a question about the accuracy of any listing please contact us at the number shown. Individual company filings contained in the Workers' Compensation Loss Costs Data are available to the public at the Property/Casualty Rating Division offices located on the 10th Floor of the Woolfolk State Office Building, 501 N. West St., Jackson, Miss. Telephone: 601-359-3575.
Please be advised we are aware of some discrepancies in this table. Please be patient as we are in the process of making these corrections. If you have any questions regarding the current information please contact us at 601-359-3575. Thank You.
back to top
Property and Casualty Online Form and Rate Filing Search
The Mississippi Insurance Department has certain Property and Casualty Rate and Form Filings which are available for public review through
the NAIC System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF). There is no fee for this service. Click Here or on the image below to access the website and search
Property and Casualty Rate and Form Filings.
If you need assistance finding a Filing or have public access questions, please contact our office directly at (601)359-3575 and we
will provide you with the assistance you need. We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 5:00 CST.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or problems accessing the site, please direct your questions to the SERFF Help
Desk at 816-783-8990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The SERFF Help Desk is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST.
If a Customer Support Analyst is not available, please leave a message. Your call or email will be returned the next business day.
back to top
Property and Casualty Rating Division Bulletins
Listed below are bulletins issues by the Property and Casualty Rating Division.
- 2014-4 Notice and Rejection of Uninsured Motorist Coverage Form (SB 2733) (Issued May 21, 2014)
- 2014-3 Premium Payments for Policyholders in Impacted Areas (Issued May 6, 2014)
- 2013-3 Single-Limit, Nonstacking Uninsured Motorist Coverage (Issued May 10, 2013)
- 2013-2 Hail Damage to Automobiles (Issued March 22, 2013)
- 2013-1 Mitigation Premium Discounts House Bill 1410, 2012 Regular Session (Issued February 6, 2013)
- 2011-5 Premium Moratorium for Policyholders in Flood-Impacted Areas (Issued May 17, 2011)
- 2011-4 Use of Geographic Information Systems for Insurance Rating Purposes (Issued May 16, 2011)
- 2011-3 Premium Moratorium for Policyholders in Impacted Areas (Issued May 2, 2011)
- 2011-2 Filing Procedures Related to Mississippi Department of Insurance Regulation 2011-1, "Establishment of Insurer Safety Programs" (Issued April 11, 2011)
- 2009-9 Clarification of Regulation 2009-1 (Issued December 18, 2009)
- 2009-7 Proper Classification of Mississippi Cottages (Issued August 20, 2009)
- 2006-9 Withdrawal of bulletin 2001-3 (Issued July 27, 2006)
- 2006-8 Statute of limitations on insurance contracts (Issued June 8, 2006)
- 2006-5 Senate bill 2006, notification of cancellation/non-renewal to named creditor loss payee, as Amended (Issued October 19, 2006)
- 2006-2 Hurricane Katrina Mediation Program (Issued February 2006)
- 2005-3 (Amended) Mandatory Automobile liability limits (Issued July 5, 2005)
- 2005-2 Notification of Cancellation/Non-Renewal to Named Creditor Loss Payee (Issued April 19, 2005)
- 2003-6 New Procedures for Property and Casualty Form and Rate Filings by Mail or Electronic/SERFF (Issued December 5, 2003)
- 2003-1 Filing Procedures for Compliance with the Provisions of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act of 2002 (Issued January 27, 2003)
- 2002-3 Filing Guidelines for Credit Property Insurance Programs (Issued April 1, 2002)
- 2001-2 Mississippi Creditor-Placed Insurance Act (Issued July 16, 2001)
- 2000-8 Collateral Protection or Creditor-Placed (Force Placed) Insurance (Issued September 11, 2000)
- 2000-7 Rescission of Treatment of Creditor-Placed Insurance as an "Inland Marine" Product (Issued April 25, 2000)
- 2000-3 Insurance Card Information (Issued April 10, 2000)
- 2000-2 GAP Insurance Filings (Issued April 17, 2000)
- 99-7 Notice to Mobile Home Policyholders Regarding "Wind and Hail" Deductible (Issued December 1, 1999)
- 99-2 Establishment of Property Values and Corresponding Insurance Amounts on Mortgaged Properties Insured in Mississippi (Issued April 20, 1999)
- 98-7 Requirement That Repairs Be Made at Particular Shop Prohibited (Issued August 27, 1998)
- 98-6 Cancellations/Non-Renewals (Issued May 27, 1998)
- 98-5 Changes in Property/Casualty Lines of Insurance. (Issued May 1, 1998)
- 98-2 "Refer to Company" language (Issued February 11, 1998)
- 98-1 Rate decrease filings. (Issued January 9, 1998)
- 97-3 Rate/Rule Filing Fee and Format Changes (Issued July 1, 1997)
back to top