Filing an Online Consumer Complaint
The Mississippi Insurance Department is here to assist you in resolving your complaint in a timely manner.
Be aware that a copy of your complaint will be provided to the insurance company and/or insurance agent. If you would like to retain a copy of the completed form, please print prior to submitting the complaint. The more information and supporting documentation you provide, the better we will be able to assist you.
If you previously submitted a complaint on this issue, please do not complete this form. Call our office at 601.359.2453 or (800) 562.2957. Failure to provide complete information will delay our investigation.
If you are represented by counsel or need legal advice, we are unable to assist you. If this complaint pertains to health insurance provided by your employer, it is important that you complete the internal appeal process as described in your insurance policy before filing a complaint with this Department.
Online Complaint Service
Documents submitted to the Mississippi Insurance Department to assist us in examining your complaint may be subject to the Mississippi Public Records Act of 1983.
- Complete all fields in the complaint form (below).
- Submit all supporting documents to the Department within two working days. This includes photocopies (NEVER SEND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS) of information from the insurance company or agent such as:
- Denial of claim from insurance company
- Explanation of Benefits
- Cancellation/non-renewal notice
- Premium due notice
- Copy of your insurance card and policy
- The Problem Description Field is limited to approximately 400 words. Once the complaint has been successfully submitted, it will be reviewed by the Consumer Service Division. You will then receive an email acknowledging receipt of the complaint and providing further information as to what may be required of you, if anything.
Please make note of the complaint ID number provided to you after you have submitted your online complaint. Include this ID number with any of the above documents that you may forward to us in support of your complaint.
Click here to go to online complaint form